Swimming is all about good times!
Coach: Rob Palfery
- 26 week block
- Monday to Saturday
- 29/09/20 to 03/04/21
- Break 23/12/20 to 27/12/20
- 5 x 2 hour weekly Pool Session
- 2 x 2 hour weekly Combined Gym & Pool Session
- UWA Aquatic Center & HBF Stadium
Athletes need to be selected into the Developing National Squad. Swimmers should have a clear understanding of what their goals are and will spend more time training for specific events and dry land strength training.
A high level of commitment is expected along with a mature and responsible attitude towards training.
Squad Specific Criteria:
- National Qualifier
- National Open Water Qualifying Time.
- Previous National Qualifier
- National Qualifier unable to commit to a full squad training program (eg: Yr12 or school, other sporting commitments)
- Attend a minimum of 4-6 sessions per week and willing to commit to agreed training plan.
- State Championships qualifier or above (Open or Age).
- Coaches Discretion; ‘ability to progress’ in the current season, based on attitude to coaches feedback, ability to achieve cycle requirements, ability to adapt and make changes, personal development, physical development and ongoing coachability.
- Required to be ‘Competitive’ SWA/UWSC members
- Squad sizes to be maintained between 22-26 full-time swimmers (excluding transitional opportunities).
- ‘Quarterly’ squad placement reviews to be conducted after benchmark meets (eg: State & National Championships, typically April, June, September, December).
- Regular ‘Coach’, ‘Athlete’ & ‘Parent’ progress meeting to be held for ‘Age’ level participants, including ‘transitional squad’ coach if applicable.
- The Club will be adopting a transparent squad movement/transition process, which includes squad movement by invitation and/or application.